Thursday, September 17, 2009

I LOVE Chicken Wraps

Chicken Wraps
Love em'
Teriyaki Chicken Wraps
One of my faves
and a good way to sneak in some veggies on the hubs and the kid chop chop chop
onion as much as you like....I do half of a large one
bell pepper....I do half a large one
squash....a whole one
zucchini....a whole one
and anything else you wanna throw (sneak) in

Chop chop chop
chicken....I do 2-3 breasts
grab grab grab
salt only if you think the salt in the soy and teriyaki wont' be enough...I use NO salt
pepper....a pinch
I have the onion powder out because I did not have an onion normally no onion powder needed
garlic powder....the recipe calls for 2 teaspoons....I only use a half of one teaspoon
soy sauce .... one tablespoon
teriyaki sauce .... 3/4 cup
rice ..... 1 cup uncooked ----- cook according to box directions
the cajun seasoning is something we love and I throw a dash of that in
tortillas
ok....lets cook
toss your chicken in a pan with some olive oil
shortly after you get it goin'
add 1/4 a cup of the teriyaki sauce
this is where I add a little cajun seasoning you can certainly omit this
meanwhile....get your rice goin'
when your chicken is done....remove it
and I cover mine with foil to keep it HOT
add a little more olive oil to the pan
and throw in your veggies
along with
the rest of the teriyaki sauce
soy sauce
and seasonings
when soft....remove and same routine as the chicken...cover to keep HOT
when your rice is ready
its chow time
layer it up
pile it on
eat it up
enjoy !!!!!
have a happy day
Pin It!

3 comments:

Katy @ Live Laugh Love Craft said...

Definitely going to the store tomorrow and making it for dinner tomorrow night! This looks soo YUMMY! Thanks for sharing! :)

Wendy McDonagh-Valentine said...

MMMMMMMMMM !! Thank you for the wonderful idea for tonite's dinner!! : )

~ Wendy
http://Crickelberrycottage.blogspot.com/

Nancy said...

Yummmmm. Looks super easy and drool worthy. Thanks for the tip. Adding that to my menu.