Saturday, January 1, 2011

Sleeping 6 Year Old Heads are Heavy

k...first read the previous post scroll down just a bit.........So here's the scene.

Mr. JaneSays has just gotten in from his golf trip...so he is extra tired.....oh Waaaaaaaaaaa !!!!! Poor man HAD to golf for 3 days.....so he decides to head up for bed ... oh....10:45 ish...yes...early for the ball drop.
Seriously.....I love Chloe buts sheees.....I have been with her and only her for 3 solid days while prince charming golfed.
After he goes up I'm just not content I wanna be i my bed too with my laptop looking for some vintage pillow shams to go with my new quilt.
So I put the house to sleep and head up, my 6 year old in tow.
So we can watch the ball drop together I make her a bed on my floor and turn on the TV.
It's 11:00 by now and the local news must come on and tell me of all the bad bad things happening in and around my area.....so I break it to Chloe we will have to wait 30 minutes before they take us back to the ball drop CELEBRATION.....to which she says OK mom...and lies down.
11:25 She has rolled on her side......uh oh.
11:35 She has rhythmic breathing...her lil' quilt is rising and falling.
11:45 She is out and I'm not having any luck at all finding vintage pillow shams.
11:55 The Backstreet Boys and the New Kids On the Block are performing together....somebody is getting old I see....maybe I am not one to talk.
11:57 I set my laptop aside....toss my covers and get in the floor behind Chloe's head and hold it up. I can NOT let her miss this and here is why I know this....I told her a month back we would get up early early and do the Black Friday Sales....long story short...I decided to sleep in instead, well she was F-U-R-I-O-U-S. Came storming in my room at 7:00 "Mom...is light outside.....did we not go?" walking heavy and fast outta my room....." Ugh...... Mom I am so mad at you"
So there you see why I can't fail her with this ball drop...right?
11:58 Still holding her head...Chloe .... get up...look its gonna drop in a second.....are you awake...nope eyes closed.
11:59 Still holding that head but even higher now....Chloe serious if you wanna see it open your eyes....look look look......14....hurry.....12....Chloe......9...you are gonna.....7...miss it.......4....3.....2.....1.....Chloe...did you see it...."No, Mom...leave me alone."
For crying out loud.......I walked fast and heavy to my bathroom.....and mutter softly...Chloe I am so mad at you....but I love you so...Happy New Year Baby...and man your head is heavy.

Have A Wonderful New Years Day
Pin It!

No comments: