Wednesday, February 15, 2012

A Pinterest Do




Chloe loves, and I mean LOVES the olive oil laced with spices at Carrabba's that you dip your 
bread in.
I knew it had to be on the Valentine's Day menu this year.


I saw a recipe for just this dish on where ???
Say it with me.....
Pinterest.


There is quite a lengthy list of ingredients.
Most you should have,  but you will more than likely have to buy a few (recipe below).
It was super super simple to create.
I made it way ahead and put it in a dish and stuck it in the fridge.


At first sniff it didn't smell anything like Carrabba's.....there was an overbearing strong smell of
parsley, but I left the house to pick up Chloe and when I returned....no joke....the house
smelled like Carrabba's.
This made me excited for Chloe to taste this stuff.


It was in one word delicious.
I could have made a dinner of it.
So so good.  


We devoured ....  oh 3 or 4 dishes of it.
I had a french loaf for the dipping and if you have ate this at Carrabba's you know their bread has a very
crunchy crust which I like.
Well my french loaf was soft...so I wet it...yes..run your hands in the water and rub it on your bread.
Then..pop it in the oven on the rack at 350 for 5-7 minutes...it will crust up nicely !!!

Here is the recipe
It makes 1/4 cup, I doubled it just so we would have plenty.

Ingredients:
2 tbsp. chopped Italian flat leaf parsley
1 tbsp. minced garlic
1 tsp. dried thyme
1 tsp. dried oregano
1/4 tsp. dried basil (or 1 tbsp. fresh-if using fresh reduce parsley to 1 tbsp.)
1/8 tsp. dried rosemary (or 1/2 tsp. fresh)
1 tsp ground black pepper
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
1/8 tsp. ground red pepper (or 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes)
1/2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
1/8 tsp. fresh lemon juice
Directions:
Place all ingredients except olive oil & lemon in a blender or food processor and chop until all ingredients are similar in size. Stir in the olive oil & lemon juice.
For Serving:
In a small dish, place 1 1/2 tsp. spice mixture. Pour 3-4 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil over top of the spice mixture. Serve with french bread for dipping.

Enjoy !!

Pin It!

No comments: